Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 5, 2015

Nightly Routine With Presley

(Originally written last night, 10-4-15)

It's becoming a nightly tradition. I sit down in my spot on the couch, holding a fussing baby girl in my arms, and I push play on the MP3 player to introduce an amazing melody into the room from a small speaker sitting just beside me on an end-table. 

Immediately, the fussing baby forgets what had her so distraught as she gazes over my shoulder to the box of magical sound. Her eyes are bright and full of wonder, and her whole body becomes still as she cuddles closer to my chest. Her little head of delicate light-brown cotton rests upon my shoulder, and most nights, she slowly drifts into a peaceful slumber. 

This moment has become a memory, still fresh, although I will cherish it forever. As this routine played out tonight, just a few hours ago, I held my baby daughter, Presley, tightly and for a long time after she had fallen asleep, I didn't want to let her go. Her tiny body was so warm, and her little head was so soft, I just held her close as the music played. 

I enjoyed every single second of it, and it has become an amazing routine that I will look forward to until the day time itself will have no more of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment